Saturday, April 16, 2005

Recipe for Tuna Casserole

I spend countless hours watching cooking shows in Discovery Travel and Adventure (All cooking shows I've watched: The Naked Chef/Puka Tuka by Jamie Oliver, Creating with Heart and Soul by Kylie Kwong, A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain, Cooking with Nigella , Surfing 'd Menu with Curtis Stone and Floyd). I dunno, I like watching them create scrumptious dishes out of fresh ingredients. I admire their love of food and I admit they inspired me to try cooking.


Lately I've been perfecting one dish (and mukhang ok naman ang result!) called Tuna Casserole. I've adapted the recipe from my mom and modified her para maging mas masarap! This evening, I've come up with my very own recipe (modified pala) for this dish and I'd like it to share it with you guys, baka gusto niyo i-try! Ok siya pag may gatherings kasi hindi gaanong heavy at nakakaumay. Hehe... Kung may naisip po kayong suggestion for this recipe please feel free to leave your comments dun sa baba! :)


=====================


Tuna Casserole
8 Servings
Olive oil (I suggest using Olive oil para healthy!)
1/2 cup chopped Onion
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh Basil
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 can of button mushrooms, drained and sliced thin
2 180-gram cans tuna flakes/chunks in water (or in brine)
1 500-gram pacakage macaroni, cooked until al dente
1 big pouch of Del Monte Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 cup liver spread
1 tablespoon of Capers
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese


Procedures:


1. Heat olive oil in pan and saute onions and garlic until transluscent.
2. Add red bell pepper and sliced mushrooms.
3. Stir in tuna and liquid from the cans and let it stand until simmering.
4. Blend in the Spaghetti Sauce, liver spread and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add capers and chopped basil and stir. Wait for 2 minutes to cook.
6. Toss in the cooked pasta and transfer to the serving dish.
7. Top with cheese. Serve warm.


O 'di ba mga misis ang dali lang? Hehe... Sorry recipe lang at walang patikim. Siguro pag may mag-aaya sa akin ulit ng swimming magdadala na ako ng food. Kaya pala ako nahihilig sa pagluluto eh, nakakarelieve ng tension ang pagluluto (basta succesful ha.. :)) O iyon muna... 9:51 pm na sa relos ng computer ko. Nagagalit na si mami eh. Watch out for the next recipe to be published in this blog (I'm still perfecting my authentic Indian Biryani Rice).


=====================


Patty: Thanks for the hug, I felt better knowing that somebody cares for me. Drama! Hehe...
(thanks also April for listening sa mga rants ko kagabi. :))

No comments: