Monday, November 28, 2005

Sleep

I plan to sleep all afternoon because my head really hurts. I slept at around 8:30 pm and woke up at 12:40 am this morning. I need to cook for 8 people this morning since they're gonna use our house as pitstop from their trip to Pangasinan. It's a sort-of compromise or bargain for the driver's effort to drop off my mom from Balayan. So what did my mom do in Balayan? Weelll.... She was sick right? Well, apparently yesterday she was feeling a-ok and decided to go with my aunt to visit my auntie's in-law's house in Balayan. I can't hold her back, so ayun she went. She's not sick na naman, so I guess it's not appendicitis (like those freaking doctors in Perpetual suspected) but I guess she had a case of over-production of acid mixed with hysteria and paranoia. You know my mom... Ever since she enrolled to that Medical Transcription class in Perpetual, she became this paranoid middle aged woman. She learned all this diseases kasi so whenever she feels something funny inside of her, consult siya agad sa Medical Dictionary, titingnan ang symptoms at kapag nag-match... Voila! Alam na niya yung sakit niya even if the symptoms are brought by fear and imagination. It's a bit annoying especially to me, an aspiring doctor. Not because you experience this kind of symptom that doesn't mean na yun nga yung sakit mo. Sometimes, my mga sakit na nag-ooverlap yung symptoms, and it's really best to go to the hospital para ma-eliminate yung other possibilities. Pero ayaw makinig sa akin. Hay. She once thought that she has Chlamydia when in fact, she just have UTI. Hay. It's so hard to raise parents these days. Tsk tsk...

No comments: