Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Am I too conservative for my age?

I read this blog a while ago, link siya bale from cybill's taggie, tas after I read it, insip ko if I'm too conservative for my age. No offense to the author of that blog, but when I was 13 years old (if that's her real age) I don't have a formal boyfriend (duh, I still don't have one 6 years later. Haha) and I don't go on dates that time. I was in Grade 6 ata nun, and hell, make-ups and boys never crossed my mind back then. I was pre-occupied by hmm... lemme think.. Kiddie stuffs like cartoons, friends and studies.

I had my first boyfriend when I was in highschool. But back then, we don't go out much. Duh? Ano un? Eh he lives far far away from me. He was like 3rd year college na ata sa UPLB! Tas I was only 15 that time!! My mom would kill me if I go there always. Gaaaahh!

I'm 19 years old na and official snog count = secret, official full mounty count = 0 (and I'm goddamn proud of it), official ex's = 4. I still think of kiddie stuffs. I still love watching cartoons! I still let my mom bunk with me and when it comes to relationships I still stink! (yebah!) Maybe it's because I haven't found the right one yet.

But who's the right one nga ba?

I thought of it na. I don't mean to impose pero if ever I have the chance to choose eto ung mga requirements:

1. Dapat mahal ako. (But of course, alanganan namang ako lang!)

2. Physically: Clean, neat and sweet-smelling. I don't like long haired men with unshaved beard cuz I ain't lookin for a rabbi. He doesn't have to be so good-looking for their kind have this tendency to play with my feelings. What I want is a decent-looking guy. Nice hair, nice skin and takes a bath at least once everyday.

3. He must be in school if he's within my age range. Tingin mo paano ko siya mapapakilala sa parents ko kung di siya nag-aaral or at least working if he's.. you know.. older than me?

4. Must be loyal and stick to one. Duh? Di naman ako kukuha ng bato na ipukpok ko sa ulo ko no?

5. Must be nice to kids. Because I love kids, dapat siya din. Tas syempre, what if kami yung magkatuluyan tas ayaw niya sa bata, malaking problema yun!

6. Must come from a nice family. Nice ang family ko so dapat nice din yung kanya. Syempre, gusto ko kilala ako ng family niya para formal.

7. Must be nice. Not too nice, pero yung tama lang. Sweet, caring saka understanding. I'm a sucker for sweet guys eh. I want someone who's gonna hold my hand when the going gets tough, someone who's gonna be there lagi. Someone who's not afraid to tell all his friends na: "Hei guys! Si Abi... Girlfriend ko." Hay.

8. Uhh.. Ano pa ba? Responsible. Ayun. Syempre. Ayoko ng batugan! Hehehehe.. :)

9. And lastly, dapat masaya siyang kasama. Alangan namang ako lang yung tumatawa, hindi ba nakakatakot yun?? Baka isipin ng mga tao baliw ako. Tsk tsk!

Iyon. Babaw ba? Or too perfect? I don't know. But if ever I will be in another relationship... Siguro, sobrang bigay na lahat (except katawan). By that time, I'm fully prepared to face the battle. I'm much more emotionally mature. Kaya nga hibernation mode muna ako sa love eh dahil indi pa ko handa. Paano ko nasabi na indi pa ako ready?? I'm still suffering from poor self-image, meaning, I still think that I'm not good for anyone!

With my world right now, hell! Lahat sila may boyfriend (and I mean pati lalaki, boyfriend din! hahahaha. shit. except for justin. hehe. sori.). Pero I don't care! Why would I push myself to commit kung di ko kaya di ba? For as long as I'm enjoying my life, there's nothing wrong with it. Kahit pa may malaking void sa puso ko, so what? I don't even notice that black hole there.

I guess you're gonna ask me: "Aren't you afraid na magtuloy-tuloy yan at baka maging old maid ka?" Oh no, i'm not afraid. At this point, I'm open to any possiblity. Besides, i'm only 19! Hell! I should be much worried with graduation, thesis, movies to watch, and clothes to wear! Yep. God has a plan for everyone of us. Of course, I'll wait, pero kung andyan yung opportunity di ba? Tama ba?

Ayun. I should be thankful pa nga sa mga friends ko na may boyfriends and girlfriends eh. Ala. Nakikita ko sa mga relationships nila kung ano yung dapat kong gawin and what to expect. Lab rats ko sila eh. Nah. I'm happy for all of them dahil yun yung happiness na binigay sa kanila ni Lord. At sa akin?

What are the things that make me happy?

Of course my totally dysfunctional hippie family, my lovestruck committed friends and of course, my bed.

:) Let's celebrate happiness my dear readers. Ako kahit patong patong na yung problems ko, I still believe that they'll all be solved in God's mercy. Hay. :)

No comments: