Sunday, August 21, 2005

Waw Thesis!

I went to U.P. Diliman yesterday to start our thesis. I went to UP Manila first, in search for a chinese paintbrush and to help a bit on our Microbio poster. I left at 8 am and took a busride to Philcoa. I got off at National Bookstore - Quezon Ave. to buy a chinese paintbrush. I took a jeepney ride to Philcoa (since Quezon Ave. is still far from Philcoa) and boarded another jeep to U.P. campus. I got there at 9:20 am and saw 2 biochem students from UPM passing by MSI (maybe they're also doing their thesis in Diliman).

By 10 am, me and Ralph (thesis partner) were cleaning the heck out of those filthy, filthy seaweed. I thought we're gonna leave early, but no! It was harder than we thought! We were tasked to scrape off the epiphytes (small roots which are attached to the body of the seaweed) and other debris (i.e., lumot, barnacles) by means of our bald (cut) paintbrushes. If you think that's piece of cake, you're so wrong. It's like plucking your eyebrows only in reduced size. That's not the fun part yet! We need to fill 10 containers of seawater with clean seaweeds! What a nightmare!

We took a break by 3 pm. Me, Ralph and Janis went to U.P. Coop to take our lunch. My knees were already shaking and my thumb was very very numb at that time. To make things worse, it rained. Good thing, though, I brought an umbrella. So me and Janis used my umbrella and Ralph decided to make a run for it. Janis made fun of Ralph, she said that Ralph ran like a cartoon character. Hehe. So much for our break, we got back to work when we got in.

We finished cleaning the seaweeds by 6 pm. I began my long journey home (commuting to Las Pinas from QC is so damn tiring). I got home by 8 and slept at around 10 pm. I woke up at 12 and slept after texting someone.

I woke up at 8 am and went to church this morning. Hay. So tired.

Tomorrow, we'll be going to UPD to continue our thesis. Hay. Kahit pagod ako tas super stressed, masaya pa din ako kasi kahit paano I feel fulfilled. Hindi ako stagnant and I don't feel useless. :)

No comments: