Saturday, August 06, 2005

Abi's Birthday

I went to school yesterday at 9 am. The skies were gray and it was very windy outside. The bus was playing some sentimental tunes so I can't help but to be melancholic at that time. When I got out of the bus, the rain was pouring hard. Eventhough I brought an umbrella, I still got soaking wet because of the wind driving the raindrops towards my body and the flood water that was starting to build up in the streets of Taft. Ave. I was shivering when I was waiting for the traffic light to turn red (so I can get across to UP). Then I saw Jessa and offered her to join me in my umbrella (She said I was some kind of savior. I guess I got there at the right moment). I had my micro bio lecture class and we learned about anabolic reactions in E. coli (there, i'm observing the proper way of writing a scientific name). We (me and April) were supposed to report our scientific Journal (but we were very unprepared, because April thought we were batch 3 and I lost my notebook were I wrote our real batch #, blah blah blah...). So what happened? We're going to report this tuesday, and thank God, Prof. Cuevas was an understanding professor. My butt was saved the second time (Remember about my post with Sir Hallare??)

The rain stopped so April , Jessa and I decided to eat out (of school, to rob). We were really hungry (and really bored at the food served at Shakey's) so we decided to eat at Mr. Choi (chinese restaurant near GJ). I ordered Soy chicken topped in asado sauce. Boy oh boy, it was delicious... My meal comprised of soy chicken, cuts of asado pork, rice, blanched pechay, century egg (blech... 'orrible), asado sauce and ginger in olive oil (I love this one). As what I've said, it was very very scrumptious. It was definitely worth my 130 bucks.

Dan-dan and Rachel came to join us but they didn't eat because they already had their lunch at school. Then after we paid our bill and took many weird, candid and pa-cute pictures we left Mr. Choi. We parted ways with Rachel and Dan-dan because they were going to look for sweing thread in the department store (plus, we have lab class at 1pm). On the way to school, I overheard two students having this conversation (not verbatim):

Guy: Buti na lang suspended yung classes..
Girl: Oo nga eh. Tuloy kaya yung exam?
Guy: Punta na lang tayo sa school para malaman.

I told April that maybe... those two are from our school and classes are suspended. April (in denial) told me that maybe those two came from UST and UST really suspend classes even if there's only a small amount of rain. Then we saw Odille, Vivian and oh I forgot... They told us that the afternoon class was indeed suspended. We went to school anyway since April's car was parked there. After talking to Marvin we went to Rob to celebrate Abi Cis's birthday. We planned to have a block day-out (the usual G-box shindig).

At G-box we rented a videoke room (as usual) and sang . We finished consuming a whooping amount of 259 pesos (37 tokens in coversion) at 5 pm. But the celebration didn't end there...

Rachel had this idea that me and Abi should sing downstairs. In the dreaded "public videoke" where a lot people are watching you pour your guts out. I was very hesistant at first but gave in (papilit ba?). Abi Cis sang Crazy For You and Fever while I ended up singing our batch song: "It's My Life." I was really nervous when I was singing, nonetheless, my ever-supportive blockmates boosted my morale by taking pictures, shouting and clapping. Yay. What a memorable experience. Haha. Not. I can never go there again. I swear. Haha. At least I got a hundred score. Yay.

So after that embarassing moment, we all went home. Hay. What a day.. :)

======================

I just wanna say thanks to my blockmates (including Dan-dan) for:

1. Singing out-of tune (talo pa namin ang mga bangag sa kanto)
2. The laughter.
3. Polvoron.
4. The joy of taking pictures.

and most of all

5. Companionship and Friendship.

You guys are the best. :)

No comments: