Thursday, March 16, 2006

Meet the Parents

Hehe.. Before I formally end my single status, there would be a "meet the parents" charva between him and of course my parents. Hahaha. I already told my mom about him. Hehehehe. Kelangan formal dahil matanda na ako. :p

=======================

Uhh. I was really trying hard not to laugh a while ago when I saw this Razon guy (I don't know his first name) being interviewed in a news program in Channel 7. I know it's bad to laugh at other people. But I just can't help it. He was being interviewed because the person who was responsible for the death of his son (due to a car accident) surrendered himself (I think so). And he gave this ever melodramatic speech like a monologue speech of the lead actor in some action flick. He was like this: "Ang sinungaling ay kapatid ng magnanakaw." and "Ninakawan mo ako ng pinakaimportanteng bagay na minsan lang ako puwedeng magkaroon." (or something like that). Now where did I hear that line before???? In some Eddie Gutierrez flick? Ughh. I'm so bad. I feel bad for him for losing his son. I guess he was just carried away by his emotions. Losing someone dear to you can be overwhelming. Hay. Life is short. You'll never know when the Grim Reaper will come and get you.

In a lighter side of life, I just finsihed watching the show "Made to Order" hosted by Guy and Michael Rubino. I really love these guys! They combine food and art by creating dishes with lively and creative presentations. The food that they serve to their "special customers" (they do special favors and menu tastings) are simple yet its elegance is very evident. That's why they:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Michael Rubino (wearing black) and Guy Rubino (wearing his chef outfit)


are my idols in terms of cooking and presentation. If you guys are interested in watching their show, you could catch them every Thursday (8:30 pm, HKG time) at Discovery Travel and Living. :D

=======================

I was interrupted from finishing this journal entry by two t.v. programs. Hay. Anyway, besides "Made to Order" I really like watching "Fashion Avenue" (also from the same channel). Even if I'm not that fashionable, I enjoy watching people buying dresses, shoes and accessories and knowing how much it cost in other countries. It's a must see for kikay girls who want to know the current trends in other countries and how much (price) to expect. But a word of caution, you could be disappointed while watching the show (lusting over things you can't have is very tough for a shopaholic). (Anyway, I'm annoyed with beautiful women with weird voices or weird accents. ~ Jodie Kidd's guest host on Fashion Avenue was a pretty lady, but when you hear her talk, ay Dyos ko, her voice could pass as Kim Sam Soon's ). If you want to watch this show, tune in every Thursday from 9 to 10 pm at Discovery Travel and Living.


Image hosting by Photobucket

International Super model Jodie Kidd hosts "Fashion Avenue" on Discovery Travel and Living


Simultaneously, I watched "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" in GMA-7. Windouz kinda influenced me to watched this show because he told me that Kim Sam Soon reminded him of me. I don't know if it's a compliment or what. Hahaha. Even if it's an insult, I am starting to like that show. In fact, I'm watching it for 4 days now. :D Achievement! I don't normally watch soap operas from local channels because I think the stories are so over-rated and impossible to happen in real life. (I try to watch the endings though... ;))


Image hosting by Photobucket

My Name is Kim Sam Soon is aired every 9:30 pm at GMA Channel-7


=======================

Hay. I need to sleep now because I need to go to school tomorrow to meet Ralph for our thesis. :D

Thanks:

Food TV for Guy and Michael Rubino's fab pic
Showbiz Ireland for Jodie Kidd's glam photo
Yes Asia for Kim Sam Soon Photo

P.S. Sorry if I'm too critical in this post.

No comments: