Sunday, March 26, 2006

Highlights of the week: Bus casualties, thesis, and a whole lot more!

With a few more days left to freedom, I'm swamped with academic work (thesis defense, finals, clearance..) It left me with only 2-3 hours of sleep, an empty wallet and totally 0% social life. If there's one thing that keep me sane during this times, it's the thought that I'd be spending a worry-free summer with my loved-ones. I'm thinking of roasting myself in the scorching sands of Batangas or Bora, Cool off at Tagaytay and shop-till you drop at Bangkok. I really wanted to spend my summer at Bahrain with my dad but due to time constraints (one month isn't enough.. :c) and problems with his work schedule (he can't go back there till May 21 because his ticket is scheduled at that date) that plan will remain as a dream. Hay. Plus, I forgot to renew my visa! Lol. I can't go there and be an illegal immigrant (TNT - Tago ng Tago) (it's not the kind of trip that I like). Hay. Summer here I come!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be changing the lay-out of this blog prolly next week after my academic commitments. I'm thinking of a summer skin, with all the pictures of sand, water and sun. Hay! Sorry, I love summer that much. :D So be on the look-out for the new and improved frigginday.blogspot.com next week! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So what happened to me last week?

  • Monday: One month of being pseudo-inlove with someone.

  • Tuesday: Last exam in Animal Physio lab! Weefee!
    Watched Hostel with my brother and bestfriend (Gore + bondage = yum)

  • Wednesday: Went to school for stat.
    Bus casualty: Had a really annoying seatmate at the bus. Can't control blabbering at her fone with his boyfriend (Warren - lol. don't ask me how I knew her boyfriend's name). They had this "away-bati" scenario going on and it's really really disturbing (One minute they're arguing and then some minutes later, the girl starts laughing again). There were funny parts though (It's so damn funny when the girl was guessing what the filipino translation of "cor." or corner - it was KANTO :D) (Her boyfriend on the other line gave her the first 2 (K and A) and last letters (O) and she told KALBO.) So I burst into laughter (a lot of people looked at me. lol) WTF? Corner is KALBO in filipino lingo???? Ahh, the complexities of filipino language. Hahahaha.

    Another bus casualty: When the bus was in front of DLSU-Taft, a delivery truck tried to overtake the bus that I was riding. And the pointy edge of the back part of the truck must've hit the bus' right side mirror because it shattered into pieces. So the bus stopped and the conductor went down to talk to the driver. He demanded the truck driver to pay 150 pesos for the damage. But the truck driver refused to believe that it was his fault so he suggested to look for a traffic aide and obtain first a police report. We all saw the he was so fucking stupid and rammed his freaking truck at the bus. 150 pesos was a reasonable price compared to the hassle that he was suggesting. (hello? they need to go a long process before fixing the damged side-mirror: police report, insurance claims!)

    So when the conductor told the bus driver that the truck driver refused to cough up 150 pesos, the bus driver got hold of a metal tube and went out of the bus. WTF? Metal tube inside a bus? It seems they're always ready for action! You know what they did with the metal tube? (No they didn't beat up the stupid truck driver) They shattered the truck's right side-mirror! Amanos! (revenge complete! Highway justice had been served that easy!) They both ran inside the bus after doing the devious deed and hit the accelerator (what a bunch of whimps! running away from the scene of the crime. lol)

  • Thursday: Had a "surprise" informal thesis defense in UP Diliman.
    WTF? I wasn't prepared at that time so I sucked. Big time. (Lol. Ralph, if you're reading this, you owe me!) Plus, I didn't have enough money to go home to Las Pinas so I asked my mom to fetch me up at Robinson's Ermita. Lol. Surprise! Thesis defense natin sa Diliman! Somebody shouldv'e taken a pic of me when Ralph told me that line.(To give you a mental image: My jaw dropped and my eyes were round as saucers.)

  • Friday: Submitted copies of final draft to adviser and readers.
    Jeep scenario: Since it was already 6:00 pm (during this time, there are no comfy seats left for me in the bus coming from Lawton), I decided to take a jeep ride to Buendia where the empty buses bound to Las pinas are lingering (waiting for passengers from Makati and those round the area of Buendia). In front of me was an Indian national. He had a goldish tint of hair, hairy arms, pointy nose, a silver bangle, and a black document bag. He was so impatient when the jeep driver kept on stopping and asking people on the streets to ride his jeep bound to Baclaran. He was making annoying hand gestures, jerky body movements, and "Tsk-tsk" sounds every time the jeep stopped or slowed down. Man...! I got so dizzy looking at his body movements. Hay. I really wanted to tell him that he should've taken a taxi ride. Sus, sa hirap ng buhay dito sa Manila, talagang makaka-encounter siya ng mga bakaw na driver! (wait, how would you translate this phrase: "buwaya ang mga driver dito sa Manila"?? "The drivers in manila are alligators?" Lol).

No comments: