Saturday, February 25, 2006

A salute to our noses.

I just finished watching some show in National Geographic. (Background screams: "Geek! Geeeeeekkk!") They talked about scent and how it affects your emotions. I really enjoyed the part where some girl fell in love with this guy because they love each other's scent. But I felt sad to learn that there are really people who can't smell. I mean that sucks because you can't enjoy your food! You can't enjoy walks because you just look at people, you just feel but still, deep down there's something missing. In the said show, they featured one guy who was suffering from such condition, and he got so depressed! He can't socialize with people, he can't eat and one by one his memories of the past were fading. WTF? Memories fading due to damaged olfactory sense? Oh yeah. I remembered my professor in Animal Physiology discussing something about the role of "scent" in triggering our brain to remembercertain memories. Hay. That's really really sad. But the good thing was, at the end of the show, he got his sense of smell back. The intense smell of coffee sort-of revived his dying olfactory sense. Boy, he was so happy to regain his precious sense of smell. I sure hope I don't get that condition...

Anyway to check a brief program description of the show, click hereee --> LINKKKKK!!!


----------------------------------------------------

One more thing...

Hay. I'm kinda "in-like" (is there such thing as in-like??) with this guy right now. I don't like to elaborate much because I don't want to jinx it or anything. All you need to know is this guy is willing to take care of me (daw) and he won't ever leave me (daw). I mean I'm not sure yet. Even if I knew him for several years now I don't know if I can trust him. I really don't want to get hurt anymore (I know it's not possible for me to not get hurt, duh?! Love = pain + joy) but a part of me wants to just take the plunge and give in. I really like this guy because he's so caring.. He always remind me to eat on time, to take care of myself of always and sleep early. I missed having someone telling me of those things! Dilemma. dilemma. dilemma! I want to trust this guy, and be in a relationship! I want to be vulnerable once more. I need someone to take care of me. Tell me always that I'm the best. Hold my hand when things go wrong. I need more time! Pero baka mag-ala Justin din kami nito. I made Justin wait wait wait then ayun... Hay. Kanta na lang ako. Let's take it slow, so slow...


----------------------------------------------------

Last..

I watched "Close to You" last Wednesday (with Jessa, Jeff, Rach, and April). I really liked that movie because it wasn't the fairy-tale slash uberly cheesy type. It can happen in real life (hindi ko nga lang na-gets kung paano naging mag-on si Sam at si Bea, hinalikan lang siya, sila na agad.. Ganoon ba yun??). I enjoyed it because there were no over-mushy lines and it was so refreshing (hindi kasi heavy drama ang dating nito)! I commend Sam Milby for trying his very best to speak Tagalog, Bea and John Lloyd for acting naturally! Hay. I suggest you guys watch it. It's a nice film. :D Hay. :D


----------------------------------------------------

Yun muna ulit. I need to read my hand-outs in physio. :D Exam sa Monday!! :((

No comments: