Friday, February 17, 2006

Hayz.

Do you believe in destiny?

I mean do you think things happen for a reason?

Well I do.

Last night, my friend April called my mom to inform/remind her that the MCATs are scheduled this Sunday. My mom was surprised because I never mentioned to her that I passed the initial screening for PLM. Actually, the reason why I didn't tell her because I also didn't know if I passed or what. It's like this: PLM will text you or not if you passed their initial screening. But as of yesterday, I haven't received anything, so I thought: "Shit, wala ng pag-asa dito sa PLM..." and I gave up (I erased PLM from my short-term memory). But lo and behold, when my mom called PLM this morning to ask if I qualified or what, they told her that I am qualified to take the MCATs this Sunday. And... the deadline to submit the application form and to pay the testing fee was only until this afternoon. They also told my mom that they texted me. WTF??!! So I immediately took a bath (of course I wore my clothes) and rushed to PLM to process every goddamn requirement. Hay. Thank God I have my mom to support me! Plus, her optimistic outlook balances my cynic and negative vibes. Hay. Thanks mama san for helping me!!

Hay. And this wasn't the first time that this happened to me. When I was in 4th year high school, I thought I had no chance of getting in UP. For you see, my UPCAT grade made the cut-off but alas, there was no more slot for the course I chose. I was already enrolled in DLSU-Dasma (Human Biology) and had filled up my class cards. But my mom adviced me to file an appeal to reconsider in UP because I told her that my friend Lara (who passed the UPCAT) adviced me to reapply because my UPCAT grade was qualified. Hay. So I rushed to UP Manila (promdi pa ako nun, first time kong pumunta, so imagine the look on my face when I first set foot in Padre Faura) and filed an appeal (turns out deadline na din nun ng submission for appeals charva). Cum March, I went back there to discover that my name was included in the reconsidered applicants. Waw. Everyone was so happy for me when I told them the good news. (Ngayon, I wasn't sure if God made the right decision... Just kidding! I love UP!)

So see the commonality between the two events in my life? Number 1. I was cynical. I doubted my abilities. 2. My mom pushed me to try try try! 3. A friend who gave hope to my mom. I don't know if the outcome will be the same this time round.

Well. I have my fingers crossed.

God works in mysterious ways.

This post is dedicated for my mom. Who always believed in me.
To my friends (April and Lara). Without you guys, walang hope for my mom.

And of course, to God. (Daym! Lord labyu so much! You always know what's best for your flock!!!)

Wee!

Oh well. Back to reality. I have to finish the "final lay-out" of our thesis poster.
Plus I need to study for MCAT. Duh? I can't really on fate and destiny alone. :)

Nasa tao ang gawa, nasa Diyos ang awa! :D

No comments: