Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Paranoid

I didn't want to go to school this morning because I want to sleep all day. I want to mope all day and just pig-out. But due to certain circumstances, like I need to submit my research to my groupmates and I need to attend my classes (yes, even if it's just STS). I arrived there by 9:20ish already and I already missed Jeff's undergrad sem. Booo for me. I wanted to go there to boost his morale. Jeff, if you're reading this, sorry! :(

By 10 am I went to my classroom in STS. When I got there, there was nobody inside and the room was locked. I thought that it was a sign so I went to our school's cafeteria and saw Jessa and Abi Cis there. I decided to cut classes because I wasn't really "in the mood" anyway. So there. A few minutes later, I saw a crowd of people in front of the RH steps. I saw some of my classmates and batchmates there, so I got curious. I waited for them to come and tell me why there's a commotion. I don't recall who told me but I learned that there was a bomb threat on our school. Ah wait. I know who told me. It was Joe who told us that shocking (?) news. I told him: "Ay naku, ikaw ata ang maghuhubad kaya lahat ng tao nagtago!"

I didn't take that bomb threat very seriously because in 4 years of stay in UP Manila, a bomb threat was not new to me. This was the 3rd time for me actually. The first time was very dramatic since I was just a first year student. I really didn't know that it was a bomb threat 'yung second time ko. All I knew was na-suspend yung classes namin tas we ended up in G-box. Tas itong third ko nga ngayon. Ha. Ayaw ko na ngang umalis ng school. I even wanted to see flying corpse and disembodied figures crashing sa CAS eh. Ha. Naging "no-biggie" situation na sa akin 'yung bomb threat sa CAS.

Paano ba naman. Eh yung mga bomb threat eh mga prank phone calls lang sa DPSM. Some crazy student will call their phone and scare them all. His reason? Ayaw lang nyang mag-exam. Ha! Urban legend yun actually dahil wala namang na-report kung sino yung prank caller at kung na-apprehend ba siya or anything. Ganun ang UPM. Pinamumugaran ng mga weirdong estudyante. Kasama na ako dun na hindi na natitinag sa mga bomb threat.

There were media people who went sa UPM para kuhanan ang mga weirdong estudyante. Nakita pa ata ako dun eh. Hay. Life.

No comments: