Friday, July 29, 2005

Post for today

I have a declaration to make.

I am the most stupid person here on earth.

Why?

Let me tell you a story. It's not a bedtime story that you folks could tell to your children someday.

I call it: "Story of Stupid Abi"

6:30 pm

I was sitting on my usual place on this certain waiting shed in U.N...
I was waiting for my bus to come.
Actually, any bus bound to BF Pilar, Moonwalk, SM Southmall, kahit tayuan, I would board it.
I replaced the batteries of my mp3 player and held the player in my left hand.

There I was.
Bored.
And very tired. (I came from my 6-hr lab class)

I looked around. (As usual, I observed the people who were waiting just like me)
There was an old man in another panel of the waiting shed.
There were students passing me by. (To ride the LRT maybe)
There were construction workers who were taking their yosi break.

And there I was.

Still bored.
Tired.
And starting to feel restless.

Vroom. Vroom.
The buses went by.

I looked around again.
On my peripheral vision, I saw my bus.
My freaking bus made a U-turn in the slot in front of NBI.

I don't know what got into me.
Maybe out of boredom.
Or maybe out of despair to go home.

I stood up and ran.
Not minding the people on the streets.
I just ran.
And ran.
And ran...


I wanted to board the bus that BAD.
I just kept saying to myself: "I can do this..."
Just like the dog I saw on cartoons this morning.

Adrenaline rushed into my body as I tread the streets of Taft Ave.
I expected to catch it on Padre Faura.
But God has His own way of telling me to stop.

The traffic light went green.

I was so close.
So close...


But I didn't give up that easy.
I continued to run.
Then walk.
And pant.

Pant... Pant... Sweat...

There it was again.
It stopped in front of PGH.

There's my chance...

I decided to run again.
My legs were like worn-out tires. Ready to explode and retire.
I kept running.

Again. God has His own way to stop me.

The traffic light went green again.
I said to myself: "Stupid traffic light!"

But I won't give up.
I was very close.

So I ran as fast as I could....

And you know what happened?

I caught the bus.

FINALLY.

I was breathing hard.

I saw the perfect seat and relaxed.

Minutes later....

I realized how stupid I am.

Why?

I could've just taken a freaking jeep to catch it (From UN to Pedro Gil).
My efforts were equivalent to a 6 pesos-jeepney ride.

Stupidity at its finest.

.FIN.

If you're wondrin' what happened to my mp3 player (I didn't put it in my bag)
I was still holdin' onto it when I boarded the bus.

No mp3 player was hurt in the making of this story.

Amen.


=====================

This is a true-to-life story.
And yes, I am that stupid.

Nyt y'all.

No comments: